The Bougie Bar offers Refill Days every Tuesday and Thursday from 3pm-7pm – no reservation needed! Simply walk in any time during these hours with your Bougie Bar candle and we’ll refill if with your favorite fragrance. Refills are $20 each.
In order to refill your candle, your container must be clean beforehand. See below for three ways on how to best clean out your candle container.
How to Clean Your Bougie Bar Container
Once your candle is down to a half inch of wax, it's time to clean and repurpose your candle container. There are several different methods to cleaning your candle.
This method simply removes the excess candle wax with boiling hot water. Be sure to avoid getting wax in your drains to avoid clogs.
- Place your container on a protective surface.
- Boil enough water to fill the container.
- Pour boiling water into the container, leaving an inch of space at the top.
- Let the water melt the candle wax, which will float to the surface of the container.
- Let cool completely before removing the wax.
- Strain the water and remaining wax remnants.
This method involves freezing your candle container! Placing your container in the freezer overnight will shrink the excess wax and will let it pop right out. If you have any issues popping it out, use a spoon or butter knife for assistance.
- Place your container in the freezer overnight.
- Take the container out of the freezer and flip it upside down.
- Pop out the excess wax - utilize a kitchen utensil for assistance as needed.
Your hairdryer has a similar effect as the hot water, softening the wax enough to remove the excess.
- Hold your container with an oven mitt.
- Turn the hairdryer on warm and pass it along the container's sides and bottom to soften any leftover wax.
- When the wax starts to soften, use a butter knife or spoon to scrape out the container.
After you have removed the excess candle wax from your container with one of the above methods, there may be a bit of wax residue or soot left on the sides of the container. To remove these residues, simply use warm water, soap and a dishtowel or adhesive remover to finish cleaning your container. If you have any questions at all, do not hesitate to contact us for guidance!