Your candle container from Bougie Bar is the gift that keeps on giving. You can make custom candles time and time again while keeping your favorite decorative container. All you need is to visit Bougie Bar on refill days, Tuesday and Thursday, from 3 pm – 7 pm with your clean container. With a few tips, you can easily clean your container to have your favorite DIY candle once again.
Once your custom made candle is down to a ½-inch of wax, it's time to clean your candle and repurpose the container. Burning it past this point can damage the container or the surface beneath it.
Method #1: Remove Candle Wax with Hot Water
- Place your container on a protective surface.
- Boil enough water to fill the container.
- Pour boiling water into the container, leaving an inch of space at the top.
- Let the water melt the candle wax, which will float to the surface of the container.
- Let cool completely before removing the wax.
- Strain the water and remaining wax remnants.
Note: Avoid getting wax in the drain to avoid any clogs.
Method #2: Pop It in the Freezer
- Place your container in the freezer overnight.
- The next morning take the container out of the freezer and flip it upside down.
- The shrunken lump of wax should pop out. If it does not, use a spoon or butter knife to press down on one corner of the resin to lift and remove.
Method #3: Use a Hair Dryer
- Hold your container with an oven mitt.
- Turn the hairdryer on warm and pass it along the container's sides and bottom to soften any leftover wax.
- When the wax starts to soften, use a butter knife or spoon to scrape out the container.
Lifehack: You can also use a hairdryer to remove wax from the carpet.
Once you have removed the wax from your container, there may be wax residue or soot left on the container. To remove any residues from your container, use warm water, soap, and a dishtowel or an adhesive remover, such as Goo Gone.
Now that you have cleaned your Bougie Bar candle container, it's time for a refill! Head over to Bougie Bar on Tuesday and Thursday from 3 pm – 7 pm to refill your favorite candle container for only $20. If you want the complete Bougie Bar experience, gather your friends and schedule your candle making party today.